Snapshot of the Blackbutt Avocado Festival
In 2017 we present the Blackbutt Avocado Festival - a one-day grand festival of everything the great community of Blackbutt has to offer.
This follows on from the huge success that was the 2016 Bloomin' Beautiful Blackbutt Avacodo Festival. Over 5000 people participated in the many festival events, an estimated 75% of the local community attended the Festival during the 2 days. With an estimated 3000 visitors coming from outside the region specifically to enjoy the festival attractions. Our goal for the 2017 Blackbutt Avocado Festival is to again reach 5000 people attending the festival.
Blackbutt is a town that has many things to be proud of, and we will be showing them off at this years festival:
- We're home to what we consider Queensland's sweetest and finest Avacodo, we love it so much we have a festival just to celebrate it.
- But we don't just have the best Avocados, our region also produces delicious macadamias, chokos, passionfruit, honey, garlic and persimmons.
- This means the chefs and cooks of our region can enjoy cooking with some of the freshest and most delicious ingredients on offer in their restaurants and cafes, which will be on display for the 2017 festival for you to try.
- Luckily for us, after eating all that food, we are also blessed to have both the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail, and the Bicentennial National Trail running through town, the only town that has them both.
- We have a rich tradition in producing great sportspeople, including tennis great Roy Emmerson and the 2015-16 wood chop world champion, Mitch Argent.
- So much rich history in the town, with historic shops and buildings, and so much to learn at the Roy Emerson Museum.
All this will come together in this years 2017 Blackbutt Avocado Festival, with food stalls, markets stalls, avocado games, craft displays and so much more. We look forward to seeing you this year.